Within the Bonsai Tree Community videos are very popular as the images are moving and not static. They are most helpful when demonstrating a technique or for giving a more panoramic view of something you are wanting to share.
Where can videos be uploaded?
Videos are found within your personal profile and in Groups. After a video has been successfully uploaded it will display under the 'recent activities' list and will also display for a period of time under the 'video' section of the homepage. It will always be accessible if the 'view all videos' link is clicked. You can also delete videos you have linked to or uploaded to the site at any time.
There are certain limitations to video within the Community:
- Video must be in one of the following formats: mpg, mpeg, avi, divx, mp4, flv, wmv, mov, asf.
- Members are currently limited to a total of 500 videos
- Size of video is limited to a screen resolution of 640 x 480 pixels.
- There is a size limit of up to 20 meg's per video too.
- Video should not be longer than 10 minutes.
- You are of course not allowed to upload videos which are copyright or are obscene. Under such circumstances your uploads will be deleted and you may be banned from further use of the site.
You can also create a link to video's you have posted or are permitted to link to on other sites such as Youtube, MySpace and Flickr. Simply select this option and enter the link to the video.
Hint! Posting your video first on Youtube will generate more interest for your video. You do not need to upload it twice in this case you simply need enter the link.
Steps to uploading a video:
- Sign in to your profile. If you are not a member yet then please sign up and then enter your details so that you are logged in.
- If loading video to your own personal profile then go to 'Applications' and select 'Videos.' If loading video to a group then navigate to that group and select 'add video' from the list of links on the right menu.
- You are offered the option of either linking to a video which has already been uploaded or to upload a video. If linking then click on the appropriate next button and insert the link and following details. If uploading a video then make sure your video conforms to the Communities requirements before proceeding to upload.
- After uploading your video you can share it via the most popular social networking sites or by sending an email to someone. Simply click on the 'share this' link on the right top side of the video.
Please note! Videos uploaded to a Group will not display in your collection of video on your profile page. To view these videos you will need to click on the 'all videos' link.
The following video clip demonstrates how to link to a Youtube video: