An invaluable identification and reference guide to 300 of the more common tree species in the region, both native and naturalised.
- Descriptive accounts highlighting the most important field identification characters.
- Full-color photographs illustrating growth form, flowers, fruit and bark of the various species.
- Up-to-date distribution maps showing the range of each species in southern Africa.
- Information on habitat preference of each species and uses by man.
- Reference to similar and closely related species and how they can be distinguished.
- Introductory chapters on biomes and trees; fruit trees; furniture and craftwork; firewood; medicinal and poisonous trees; trees and animals; architecture of trees; identifying trees.
Braam van Wyk, Piet van Wyk and Ben-Erik van Wyk
240 x 168 mm, Soft cover with gatefolds Full colour, 900 photographs, distribution maps