- Suehiro, well known Japanese brand.
- Coarse (#200) grit enables you to remove dings and perform rough sharpening of general gardening and bonsai tools. This should be followed by the 1000 and 3000 grit stones for the sharpest edge.
- Stone is mounted to a non slip base.
Free Nagura stone included.
- Will not unnecessarily remove material from your expensive bonsai tools.
- No oil needed, soak in water prior to use.
It is very important that when we use our bonsai tools to perform any cutting action, they should be as sharp as possible. In fact it is best that you sharpen your tools every time you start to work on a new tree. Failure to work with sharp tools means you will need to use unnecessary force to make cuts, the live tissue or cambium may be damaged which will retard the healing process and if severely blunt you may even damage your tools by attempting to cut with them.
How to Use this Whetstone.
- Soak the whetstone in water for around 5 min.
- Remove the stone from the water and place on a level surface.
- Rub the FREE Nagura stone on the surface of the whetstone and use the paste which is produced to assist in sharpening the tool.
- As the stone dries add water.
- It should be sufficient to run the tool over the stone around 10 times.
- Once sharpened be sure to wipe the tool surface with jojoba oil to prevent oxidation/rusting.
183 x 63 x 20mm