During the intense 3hr workshop we will cover the following theory and practical work:
- Why to remove wire now, how to remove wire with least risk and how to deal with wire bite.
- The reasons for and how to thin summer shoots and other congested areas of a pine.
- Needle plucking in preparation for spring.
Please take note, these techniques are not applicable to White Pines
Who should do the course
This is a course which is ideal for all skill levels. However as this is a small group workshop I will be able to assist you at a level you are comfortable with.
- You have a pine but are not quite sure if you are "doing it just right."
- You've always wanted a pine but are scared of them because you don't know how to work on them.
- You'd like to perform the techniques under my guidance.
What is included
You will be provided with space in which to work.
If you wish to make notes then please bring a notepad and pencil, however much of what we will be doing will be practical.
Please bring the following or order it prior to the workshop:
- At least one tree which you would like work on. I will also have trees on hand should you run out of something to work on or not have a pine at all.
- Attendees will be given full address details prior to the day, however the workshop will be held in Somerset West, Cape Town, South Africa.
- This workshop is limited to a maximum of 4 people.
- Your seat is guaranteed only upon receipt of payment on a first come first served basis.
- A minimum of 2 people are required for the workshop to proceed.
- If a workshop is cancelled due to lack of interest, paid attendees will be refunded in full.
- Should you need to cancel please inform me in writing a minimum of 48hrs prior to the workshop and you will be refunded in full. If you fail to do so, and interested persons had to be turned away as the workshop was full, you will forfeit your fees in full and you will need to book and pay again should you wish to attend any future workshop.