- Made from Blue Yasuki steel, renowned for being one of the best quality steels in the world.
- Handmade by highly skilled artisans in Japan.
- Each tool is boxed and accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
- Very comfortable to hold with great control.
- Slightly textured surface finish feels good in the hand.
The comfortable size of these small bonsai trimming scissors makes them ideal for use on a wide size range of bonsai including small to medium trees.
Also known as bud scissors, bonsai trimming scissors is the ideal tool for trimming leaves when defoliating, nipping out new buds and removing small branches. The blades being shorter than bonsai scissors, and smaller finger holes provide the best possible control of the tool when in use. This together with the overall more slender design enables the artist to reach into the canopy of a tree and make the required cuts with accuracy.
- Intended for twigs.
- Deciduous buds and thin pine candles can be cut.
- Other soft growth such as juniper foliage.
||Carbon Steel. Used to make scissors, kitchen knives and other general cutlery
||A higher quality form of SK Steel, where more impurities have been removed.
||More rigid than yellow steel. This material is often used for hatchets and Deba knives
||One of the best steels available for general cutlery. It is produced by adding chromium and tungsten to white steel
||A form of Yasuki steel which does not easily rust
In the past, craftsmen used coloured paper to distinguish various steels. Back then they used blue, white and yellow colour paper. This is the origin of the naming of steels which is still held till today. It does not refer in any way to the colour of the metal.