- #1 Selling Kaneshin made grafting knife for shohin bonsai growers.
- Suitable for novice and experts alike.
- Shaped specifically for right-handed individuals.
- Handmade and shipped in presentation box with certificate of authenticity.
This high quality tool is produced by hand in Japan. The thick, solid blade is sturdy in the hand and will provide many years of use.
- Suitable for most grafting techniques on smaller bonsai trees.
- Ideal for changing the foliage type of junipers ie grafting small branchlets onto existing branches on the main tree.
- Very useful for cleaning cuts after removing a branch before sealing. This precise edge will ensure rapid callousing (healing).
- Great for softwood and hardwood cuttings. Although suitably sharp scissors are perfect for taking the cutting from the mother plant, the cutting edges may crush the live cambium unless extremely sharp. This may inhibit the initial root development and therefore survival of the cutting. Re-cutting with this Kaneshin grafting knife will ensure the cut edges remain in a healthy condition.
The Kaneshin grafting knife should ideally be sharpened with a fine whetstone such as this.